Beauty In A Budget
There comes a time when I doubt if I am really a girl; if you will see my elementary days, I look like a boy in a ponytail! I have a phone then but I don’t use it actually! Not until when I was in highschool when my friends taught me how to 1. Use my phone to text others (haha) 2. Through Unlimited texting 3. How to actually get “textmates” (oh golly) 4. Put my hair down and have side-swept bangs 5. Use make-up (That I hate because I got breakouts). Haha they helped me to get out of my comfort zone. Thanks first year high school friends!
Back on the track, until now I don’t still use makeups on my face because I have a very sensitive face and a wrong product will give me breakouts. The very first makeup that I had is: baby powder, lol joke, a Lip Balm! I had a very chappy lips before, it’s so horrible! I grew up watching bubzbeauty in youtube, then Michelle Phan and reading some beauty tips. I totally love natural ways of skin care. Today, my makeup routine would be: Baby powder (no joke) sometimes my Mineral Loose Powder (it was so expensive I don’t want to use it anymore), Lip Balm (Maybelline Baby Lips), Lipstick and eyebrow liner.
Then one day, I realized that I am turning 20 this May which is also my Internship and I look like I am not yet ready. So to step up, I bought these products from my favorite Drugstore Makeup product: Nichido. I am not a makeup guru, so bear with my amateurish descriptions :)
Nichido’s Powder Plus
I was totally afraid at first with this. It looks like it will harm my face. The only powder product allowed for me is anything purely made with minerals (I am acidic, oily and sensitive). But my mineral powder can’t control the grease (yikes) at the middle of the day, so I have to dwell with this. I tried it on my face last Sunday; under the blazing sun, sweating and everything, I am glad it still stayed on my face!
- It controlled the oil on my face
- Good light coverage. I don’t need much of a coverage since there are no blemishes to hide (I am so proud with this, haha)
- No white cast, not cakey.
- Feels light on my face!
Price: 238.00 pesos
NIchido’s Eyebrow Duo Kit
I was amazed with this!!! Haha The girl on the Nichido’s stall tried this on me and omg it looks natural on my brows. It’s easy to apply because of the angular brush. This is really my fave product now.
Price: 238.00 pesos
Nichido’s Blush in Blushing Pink
I used the Sunkissed Tan blush before, and since I am acidic, my face tends to be darker at the afternoon; and a dark colored blush makes me even darker. So the lady suggested that I should wear light pink blush. I tried this together with my powder and ohhhh it didn’t make my face dark, just a normal pink blush.
Price: 88.00 pesos
For a girl in a tight budget like me, Nichido gives a range of products that have quality. I never had complained with this brand, so for me, so far so good.
100g Burger: Small But Big
We are all have been craving for burger, pizza, ice cream, hotdog sandwiches and more these past few months. Maybe it’s a byproduct of the stressed before over projects. It is also true that planned events will never happen, applicable on our situation! All of our pre-planned escapades remained a list on our plans. Good thing today Elaine promptly asked us to go for this, unfortunately most of us wasn’t able to join but at least, it’s a blast!
Let’s go first to the where the eyes will land: the place. It’s actually small, really small that it couldn’t accommodate the 7 of us and the other customers. It’s just a stall with two mini tables outside and a small eatery on the other side. It doesn’t look dirty; the only problem is the floor area. How I wish they’ll expand and add more tables.
You know how advertisements work, right? We never expected a good looking burger actually. I pictured a completely different look of it against from what the photos on their stall portrayed- small, flat, unappetizing and top of all, not a good tasting burger. But when it was served, oh golly, it looks exactly on the photos, it was not oily compare to others, fresh veggies (don’t have black parts), a big patty (Of course, hence the 100g Burger name of them), big buns, and it tasted really good! It exceeded my expectations!
We are coming back, for sure! Just hoping they’ll make the place bigger than the usual. Also, they don’t accommodate take-out; if ever they will work out on this part of their small business, surely it will help their business to get more sales. Since the small place is a turn off factor, if they will have take-outs, it would be better since the customers don’t need to wait to have a seat, and they can just enjoy it at home. Nonetheless, it is still good. Better than some of the commercialized and highly advertised burgers. Small place, but definitely big burgers!
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Hello! On my instagram I used VSCO, especially the F1-F3 and M1-M6. On my blog, I just edit it on photoshop, but if I am not satisfied, I used jtrotti’s curves.
Thank you so much anon! :)
Sleep, wake up, go to school, go home, sleep. What a very exciting routine. It makes my blood run wildly that I am always motivated to be productive and stop slacking off. Well, I am good with telling the other way around. Holy cow, I WANT THE 1 WEEK BREAK NOW. Right after this break would be our finals period, but I couldn’t be really joyous since I don’t have a company for internship yet. I am still waiting for this one particular company where, according to my friend and also base to her posts and comments, is a very very very good one plus a kind boss! Lucky her!
On the other note, it’s obvious I lack some sensible posts this time, busy with school, you know such a cliche. Haha, so base on my camera roll my life lately has revolved with these highlights:
- Trip to Henry Sy Archive at Ayala, Makati. My classmates waiting for our professor who was one hour late.
- Tall buildings.
- Sunset! I love my 5:30 pm class, it gives me a way to still appreciate this kind of little thing, how I wish I could just sit there and wait until the moon and stars come out.
- Kervi’s boyfriend treat! Though we almost never talked with him because we were doing our assignment and project, he was so kind enough to treat us. Haha Thanks!
So, that pretty sums up my boring life. Sigh.
There are colors pleasing to the eyes, fonts that are wonderful to use, and words that are very beautiful; the way they are spelled and pronounce are just mystically and perfectly made.
Internship Outfit Inspiration
"I am applying as a Software Developer Intern."
For some, it is a part of college wherein you will have the opportunity to experience the corporate world, talk and work with business people, and the right moment to show what you got. It’s a training for you to apply the theories from what you have learned from school to practical work situations while you are also developing new skills and gaining knowledge. Indeed, experience is the best teacher.
Aside from being so busy with interviews, the bigger and happier part here is that Internship could be equated to overhauling myself (hopefully!). I started listing all of the stuff, from Compact powder to new shoes and bags; and there’s one thing common with the items on my list, and that is—basic. A black and cream jeans, brown or black bag, simple and plain tops, coats then cream & navy blue shoes. I never really liked wearing clothes with bold print, aside from it’s eye-catching, it would be so much obvious if I will wear it twice a month! What I want are basic items that I could just mix up and play around that would not be noticeable if I will repeat wearing a thing or two. Just being a practical student here!
Photo from my Pinterest.
Ten things that make me H-A-P-P-Y :)
- New wall color in the house. It’s light green, with a peach accent (I must say yellow, it looks yellow to me)
- I got lot of freebies from the Career Expo! I just won a wrist watch from one of the companies who came in our school. Actually, I already have a collection of pens from diverse companies too.
- A text from him. He has been so busy for the past few days, that I waited for 3 days before he managed to say hello to me. I do understand that. Most of the times he’s tired, and I just wish he’s taking care of himself.
- Receiving an interesting email. No clue! I hope it will turn out according to what I foresee.
- A new design in my mind! Yessss. I don’t have a ‘designer block’ anymore.
- Ordered a domain for my blog.
- Holy Week Break is coming!
- The cheap but very delicious Hotdog sandwich at Shell Select.
- Having the courage to be late in one of our subject today, but still was able to finish the activity fast!
- He promised we’ll have a food date on my birthday… I just started to take down all of the foods I want to eat! hahaha
Did you guys check this out? So cute! Tumblr’s improvements have been so consistently great!
The Versatile Blogger Award
It’s nice to get an award once in a while here on Tumblr, knowing people appreciate you and your blog. But receiving an award from a cool blogger? That’s beyond nice! :) Thanks Jac of Jaccarlos for including my blog in The Versatile Blogger Award, together with those very much artistic and amazing people. I am so honored, though I feel like I shouldn’t be there! Haha.
- The person who awarded you and include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers you’ve recently discovered/follow regularly and include a link to their blog.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
15 bloggers for this Award:
- Yesha of sheiscrazyesha.
- Dems of maridaniella
- Roze of itsrozee
- Clarice of claricedeguia
- Camille of camille-daily
- Myril of myrilmae007
- Isabella of rottenflowr
- AJ of littlewishingwell
- Elisha of Loveelisha
- Pia of reaptides
- Reuben of inthruvurt
- Alissa of thewallflowersecrets
- Adrianne of theparisiandreamer
- Sam of twistandcurve
- Patricia of itspatriciajavier
- I am that type of person who worry so much. It could be a thing I am good at.
- Thus, I always plan everything ahead to minimize possible injuries or any unfortunate events.
- My priorities and goals are vivid and clear, that I will beat any odds just to achieve those. For those who personally know me and my bf believe me, no wedding bells yet! Haha
- I truly believe I’ve grown up maturely. Or maybe it’s only a gut feeling… But whatever.
- I love Lorde.
- I love technologies that if only I am super rich I prolly have every new things now.
- But still, I am super stingy. Contradictory it is, but yeah I am. Believe me.
Hey co-bloggers, I am looking forward with your responses. You deserve this. Have a great day ahead ♥
Happy List Vol. 5
This 2014, I learned the best way to stop worrying (When I stupidly failed my exams), and that is to think happy thoughts to shoo away the bad ones. It totally worked. I just need to take a deep breath, while my eyes are close, and think about the moments that make me either relax or joyful.
- Internship Interview.
- A day with him + food trip
- Trying out some simple hair do
- Pinterest! (follow me, if you like)
- Thinking of many ways to be organize as much as possible
- Future Plans :)
- A little push and I am already out of the school-world
- New music and movies (movies that I never watched, they just stay in my HD)
- New Phone!!!!!!
- Also, very much of pretty flip cover case
- Outing with classmates/friends!
Start listing those happy thoughts of you, Join the Happy List Link!